Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Late June

Votes: 1 11.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorsport

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  jirwin 
#1 ·
Hi I'm a new member and a proud owner of a v6 I was wondering if anyone is interested in motorsport as I work for a company called Prodrive I'm the tour host and could organise a trip round the factory would anyone be up for it?

Thanks
Jackie

[ADDITIONAL INFO (by LiDL)]
For a UKHCC Tour on a Sunday at discounted rate of £15 per person the tour will start at 11.00am this will give people plenty of time to arrive, we start in our heritage centre with refreshments its also a good place to take photos, we then go to the engine/transmission dept, Aston Martin & Subaru customer car build, fabrication, CNC and electrical all take approx 3 hours there is a maximum of 25 in a group.
Please show your interest by selecting a preferred date range, if the poll hits over 20 people I'll get in touch with Jackie and figure out the specific dates available in the preferred range. Monies will be collected by a pre event method (club shop or direct to the tour operator, tbc) to stop dropouts as we will be running a first paid first served with respects of the 25 people in the group.

#6 ·
theres a few of us interested in motorsport, I'd definately be up for a factory tour. Not a fan of the mini though, or WRC these days, IRC has been much better last couple years.

Also (cheeky plug) for motorsport fans I'm trying to get a few of us togeather at Brands Hatch on May 1st for the 1st ever race of the Hyundai Coupe Cup, check the south east regional meets section.

#7 ·
was never a fan of the Mini but our car looks good and its going really well in testing, I know what you mean about the WRC these day and now there is no free coverage on TV its not going to get better, we are only doing 6 events this year for development next year will be a full season.

Brands sounds really good I be up for watching I don't think I would but my baby through a race, I have taken her round a track but on my own; I will check out the meet section thanks.

Maybe we can sort out a date in the future if there is an interest in a tour?

#13 ·
jirwin said:
Brands sounds really good I be up for watching I don't think I would but my baby through a race, I have taken her round a track but on my own; I will check out the meet section thanks.

Maybe we can sort out a date in the future if there is an interest in a tour?
Its for Gen1 and 2s only, pretty stock except rollcage and safety gear. Its red dragon building the cars as one of those low cost hire and race packages. Something in the pipeline for me, but not this year.

#14 ·
Yes but MK is on the border of all the meet sections I posted in (As I am) so thought these were where the majority of intrest will come from. So more targeted really :D

#15 ·
I know where you coming from Bob, with the potential Cambridge meet it could be London, South East or Midlands, and the Coupe Cup is all over the country, so I'd put them in the official UKHCC events section, and they ended up in the new Countrywide meets section.
Problem with this way is you could end up with 3 or 4 differnt discussions going on and confusing the organiser. Maybe a locked post in the regions, with a link to 1 discussion thread in the countrywide meets may make it easier.

#25 ·
I'm sure you will find one.

you do live quite away from us the last time I was in Scotland was back in 2008 I'm proud to say I was leading a convoy of 600 Subaru's towards Banbury the following day we were 1300 strong all saying our goodbye's to Colin McRae! what a weekend !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.