Complete moron - HN05EOB

Spotted another Coupe driven badly? Parked like a muppet? Post the details here.

Re: Complete moron - HN05EOB

Postby total_headcase » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 pm

scout wrote:It is not politically incorrect to bash the micra, this should be done at every opportunity. They have taken over from the Metro and Austin 1100 before that, as the weapon of choice of the vehicular challenged. They are usually hesitantly driven and will take over 10 mins to park, change lane without rhyme or reason, drive at 50mph on the motorway, indicate left on a roundabout but turn right etc. etc. you get the picture ;)

Well, that's me told :lol:

I thought that award went to that monstrosity called the Renault Kangoo...
total_headcase
Club Addict
Club Addict

Owns: Non Hyundai Coupe
View: : Pics of My Car [?]
Move Poster Profile To The Other Side

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Postby nicholto 2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Ladies And gentlemen as you may possibly be aware a new law has just been introduced which will make this particular driver liable to a fine of £100 if he continues in this vein and is spotted by the police.
nicholto 2
Club Regular
Club Regular

Owns: Gen 1 Hyundai Coupe

Postby SueF_63 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 pm

nicholto 2 wrote:Ladies And gentlemen as you may possibly be aware a new law has just been introduced which will make this particular driver liable to a fine of £100 if he continues in this vein and is spotted by the police.

Assuming they can be arsed. There's been a law on the books for a good few years now making it illegal to use a mobile whilst driving. Never seen or heard of anyone (except an MP who killed someone whilst texting) being done for it.
SueF_63
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: Gen 2 Hyundai Coupe

Postby LiDL » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 pm

there's loads of people got 3 points for using a mobile while driving..
LiDL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe

Postby Loque » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:17 pm

nicholto 2 wrote:Ladies And gentlemen as you may possibly be aware a new law has just been introduced which will make this particular driver liable to a fine of £100 if he continues in this vein and is spotted by the police.

Hahahah. No.

A friend of mine is a Police Officer, he posted his thoughts on a different forum:

Firstly due to budget cuts and the current judicial system with millions of bits of paperwork there aren't enough police officers to resource all the 999 calls every day let alone pull people over for driving in the middle of the motorway for too many miles.

Secondly the only police that can technically pull you over on the motorway are road traffic police (the ones with white hats that love tickets and tyre tread depths). Under health and safety and ACPO guidelines only in exceptional circumstances can say a response or neighbour officer pull you over on a motorway. This would be something like a serious drink driver causing huge risk to others on the motorway with their lane discipline. Your chances of coming across a traffic unit nowadays is limited as the department has shrunk beyond all recognition.

Thirdly - as far as I am aware it's not illegal to drive in the middle lane for an extended period of time... Yet. It's not good driving, it's not good manners and its not what the Highway Code recommends but its not illegal. As such I'm not sure what I would technically pull anyone over for or stick in a ticket book. If they create new law then fine but from what I have read it looks like they want to encorporate it into the due care and attention stuff. If that is the case its very hard to prove beyond all reasonable dubt and riddled with case law.

Fourthly - as far as Ive read it, currently it is just an idea. Yes it's an annoyance to have someone sat in the middle lane of a motorway but this country needs other things sorting out far quicker than this. It would certainly not list high on my agenda currently. Mental health laws for example are crying out for a refresh and revisit - a little more important in the grand scheme of things where laws are concerned.

Finally - Nothing about this has been disseminated to front line police officers. So currently just speaking for myself I won't be pulling anyone over for this.

I can't say it is or isn't a PR stunt as I honestly don't know but practically it doesn't all seem to add up in my mind.

I'm sure things will continue as normal, and eventually another job role will be created by the government for motorway and dual carriageway enforcement issues. It will be outsourced IMO as the police are over stretched due to the constraints placed on them and so a case will be made to shift it to a private firm. It's the way everything is going ATM (custody suites being a prime example). I won't stretch any further into my personal views on the matter just wanted to write down my understanding of the situation before people start expecting the police to pull over and ticket every Nissan micra driver sat in the middle lane for their entire journey.

I wouldn't believe anything you read in the newspapers personally. All this about using a mobile phone in your car will result in the fine bumping up from£40 to £100 etc. is utter tosh. The fine is £60 and 3 points already so where the media are getting this all from I have no clue. Just take it all with a pinch of salt until laws are passed. It's like that situation with the banning of modified cars media frenzy 6 months ago or so. Don't believe it all as at the end of the day the media just want to sell papers and the government throw a lot of different ideas around before anything ever gets passed.

On the other side of the coin: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/c ... lane_hogs/
Loque
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby lizzyblue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 pm

A completely different forum, but Nissan Micras still crop up - must be endemic around the country...... :)

Your friend has said exactly what I thought when I heard about this, there's not enough resources to do it. I've a friend who works in the custody suite, not an officer but obviously she works with them so I hear things from her. They are currently fully occupied fire-fighting the worst incidents. That's why they don't come out to see you if you get burgled - unless you think people might still be in your house. Minor incidents will get a crime number, but that's it. Oh, and then if you put their quotas into the equation too.........
I'm not knocking the police at all, they do the best they can with the resources they are given.
lizzyblue
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby Mr Tuscan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Kate had the same problem today with a young lad in a blue gen 3 here in caterham, came flying up behind her in his coupe and attempted to get Kate to play which she did not.

Sometimes I do wonder, kids eh, roads really are not the place for it.
Mr Tuscan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: Gen 3.5 Hyundai Coupe

Postby lizzyblue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 pm

No, def not the place for it. I was always told not to play in the road when I was young - go figure, eh? ;)
lizzyblue
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby Loque » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

I've noticed a couple of johnny people driving choopays of late... There's a silver one that blats around here like a lunatic.
Loque
Club Addict
Club Addict

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal
Previous

Return to Name & Shame