Big Meet needs coupe!

Big Meet needs coupe!

Postby chico656 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 pm

My friend who runs Slam Media (not just chavvy slammed cars) is prganising another meet, the last one was huge and there were a lot of really smart and decent cars that turned up, obviously you get the over the top cars too, but they're always a nice bunch of people with cars on the mind and a lot of experience to be shared. I'd recommend going and not just because it's my mate that organised it. Woould be nice to see a good group of coupes there too, show people that i'm not the only one who rides one haha!

Please check the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/events/524358467578937/?fref=ts

as you can see, there are a lot of people attending so should be well worth a trip even if it's just to see what people are showing off.
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Owns: Gen 3.5 Hyundai Coupe
View: : Pics of My Car [?]
Move Poster Profile To The Other Side

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Re: Big Meet needs coupe!

Postby LiDL » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

please don't repost the same thread over and over.
LiDL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe

Postby Biggles » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

i wont have the money to come up there then, but if you fancy a drive south this saturday, feel free to come to this.

https://www.facebook.com/events/153737124750016/
Biggles
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: TSIII Hyundai Coupe

Postby chico656 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

It's not just for people in south east though
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby eggcatcher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 am

chico656 wrote:My friend who runs Slam Media (not just chavvy slammed cars)

Yes it is just that, chavvy attention seekers ruining cars.
Even the facebook page shows to ruined Silvias smoking tyres, the sort of behaviour to be expected at the meet?
I know the meet claims to be a static meet, but that just to please the law and the organisers can use to claim no responsibility when they do nothing on the night about the burnouts/drifting etc.
It certainly doesn't need Coupe, the Coupes are already getting tarnished enough recently, as they seem to have become the favourite replacement for a Corsa with chavs.
eggcatcher
Club Addict
Club Addict

Owns: Gen 1 Hyundai Coupe

Postby chico656 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks for your unwanted opinion, the two S15's were indeed burning the hell out of their tyres, this was for an article and they had permission. Just because you like to modify a car doesn't make you a chav, surely you'd know that. Not everyone loves a hyundai, everyone has their own tastes, and the fact that it's a static meet is because my friend who runs 'Slam Media' doesn't want a bad name for himself, and wants to show the majority of people that cars can all get together without wheel spinning and trying to race. There are a lot of really nice cars that attend these, all retro and brand new, some modified, and some not. on't hate cos' you're still running an S reg coupe.
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby eggcatcher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:33 pm

I haven't got round to changing my avatar, not had the S reg for ages. Had a Gen3, but replaced it with another Gen1 as the Gen1 a far better car.
Slamming/stance may not be putting big bodykits on, but it's still wasting money ruining a car and making it worse to drive. Theres no point to mods unless the improve practicality or performance. Stancing queens and eurotrash looks may not look like something from the fast and furious, but are just as chavy.
eggcatcher
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby chico656 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 pm

After looking at your pics and posts, that red coupe you had would be classed as chavvy, as would that massive plastic fantastic body kit on your friends coupe. But i'm not going to sit here and hate, everyone has their views on what looks good and doesn't. As i'vd said before, slam media isn't just cars that are lowered, you said yourself in your post that hondas in white are nice, well there's one of the guys that comes to a meet that has a honda integra that killed a ferrari F430 spyder, that's modified and lowered but i wouldn't call that chavy. why is it wasting money? i can say you wasted money putting body panels and stickers and bits on your car? It's customizing, people to it to change the look of their car.
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby eggcatcher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 pm

My old gen1 was [broken] up and chavvy. Thats posts from 3-4 years back. These days I'm a regular over on barryboys.
As for teggy beating a ferari, that's the sort of bullshite conversation to be expected at that sort of meet. You spend all night being told a 1.3 is running 175bhp, and people boasting about their illegal mods and how they beat the system.
eggcatcher
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby chico656 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Haha ok then mate, no one is against any system, they're not 17 year old idiots in clios thinking they rule the world.

oh and watch below for proof, my mates teggy and my uncles mates ferarri f430 spyder, the proof is in the pudding and even the ferrari owner has agreed.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=102 ... =2&theater
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby markyb1986 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm

If this was closer me and my mate would attend, he loves this kind of stuff :)
markyb1986
Club Addict
Club Addict

Owns: Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe

Postby eggcatcher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Link not working. Theres a good chance the guy in a ferrari wasn't trying. I gave a porsche boxster a run on track in my f2 evo. Was a good boast at the time, but in reality an f2 evo is not as quick as a porsche. Same with the teggy. Yes they're fast, but even tuned, they're not going to be quicker than a ferrari.
I have been to a static meet in peterborough, read my previous post about the experience i had there.
eggcatcher
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby Biggles » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Scrap Peterborough and come to Cambridge tomorrow night.
Biggles
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby chico656 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 pm

What's going down in Cambridge? and Eggcatcher, check the specs on a standard honda integra dc5, then put a supercharger on it and a lot of tuning, then race a ferrari, trust me, the video evidence is there, it's my mates honda. and it's my uncles mates ferrari. it's proven, they're not all chavy cars regardless of your previous experience, i think we'll agree to disagree, however if you come I bet you'll be glad you did. There's a lot of nice cars going, and if you're a car enthusiast that it's the place to go, already with nearly 500 attending, one of the guys drives a noble, one other has a lambo that now won't work so is bringing his corvette, we've got another guy that sometimes turns up in an AC cobra, so they're not all chavy corsa's and saxo's. Don't get me wrong, we don't own the land and cannot stop them coming in, but the nice cars make up for it.
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby Biggles » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Look at my post at start of topic
Biggles
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby chico656 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm now on the attending list, but i've just realised i'm out tomorrow for my mates birthday! are you on facebook?
chico656
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby eggcatcher » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 pm

chico656 wrote:What's going down in Cambridge? and Eggcatcher, check the specs on a standard honda integra dc5, then put a supercharger on it and a lot of tuning, then race a ferrari, trust me, the video evidence is there, it's my mates honda. and it's my uncles mates ferrari. it's proven, they're not all chavy cars regardless of your previous experience, i think we'll agree to disagree, however if you come I bet you'll be glad you did. There's a lot of nice cars going, and if you're a car enthusiast that it's the place to go, already with nearly 500 attending, one of the guys drives a noble, one other has a lambo that now won't work so is bringing his corvette, we've got another guy that sometimes turns up in an AC cobra, so they're not all chavy corsa's and saxo's. Don't get me wrong, we don't own the land and cannot stop them coming in, but the nice cars make up for it.

I know what the teggys capable of ( even the inferior dc5) but weight and extra power of the super charger will add understeer, not to mention lock LSD up to easy like with a Focus ST. Yes it will be very quick in the straights, but at best not much better than stock in the corners. Overall will take a much better driver to beat a Ferrari. But in general supercars aren't driven anywhere near their full potential on track. As i said, at yhe time was a nice boast, but in reality my gen1 is not as quick as a porsche.
eggcatcher
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby JohnnyF2 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

chico656 wrote: Don't hate cos' you're still running an S reg coupe.

Hey chic, so what's your problem with S-Reg Coupes?! ;) Given the choice of an S-Reg Coupe, or one of those cars with the apparently collapsed suspension, (which could be out-handled by granny's boggo Micra), I'd take the S-Reg Coupe every time :)

Some of us could go out tomorrow to a Hyundai dealer, and lay down cash on a new Veloster Turbo, or maybe pop into Toyota for a GT86. ...But instead we still drive these Jurassic Coupes, only because we happen to like them. Infact I'm after a second one at the moment. (Low miles F2 in Racing Blue?...preferably S-Reg...)
JohnnyF2
Club Regular
Club Regular

Postby Biggles » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 pm

chico656 wrote:I'm now on the attending list, but i've just realised i'm out tomorrow for my mates birthday! are you on facebook?

yeah, names Callum 'biggy' livingstone
Biggles
VIP Member
VIP Member

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Return to Midlands Hyundai Coupe Meets & Events