Witchcraft Overheating issues

Get your Hyundai Coupe engine, wheels,
brakes & suspension questions answered.

Witchcraft Overheating issues

Postby caveira » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi there Guys
As you can see by the title this is one of those reaaaaaaly strange situations

AS i said in my intro i have a 1999 Gen 1 Hyundai coupe
I started having a few overheating issues some time ago, in which i had to replace the top radiator hose that just got ripped, and because of that also had to replace the head gasket (after surfacing cilinder head), also replaced the water pump, radiator cap, all the freeze plugs, and actually removed the thermostat, replaced the temperature meter valve however the car kept heating up. After seeing vapor inside the car i was told that this most likely could only be the heater core that could be clogged or leaking, so to be able to test, i bypassed the heater core connections, having a straight flow withoout the heater core. Already did 2 flushes on the cooling system and the antifreeze comes out really pure.
No visible leaks, no brownish colours inside the coolant or engine oil, and the 2 fans work. When i am driving heats up more when going up hills, and then cools a bit when coming downhill but a lot slower than what heats up. SOmetimes when i stop driving the water reservoir just keeps boiling after turning off the car. Sometimes if i turn off the engine and rotate the key again to be able to have the fans working the temperature drops from near red to half of the meter.
Today another strange thing is i flushed again the cooling system, topped up everything with distilled wanter and antifreeze and the result was - kinda normal behaviour on steady road, heating up when going uphill. Then i stopped at a headlighit and the engine temperature was about 3/4 , i revved a bit the engine and it slightly cooled a bit.

Any ideas? the next two things i am thinkking is if this could be a defective water pump or a really really badly clogged radiator

Thankls for the help and sorry for the long story, but this has been going for about 9 months now
caveira
Casual Member
Casual Member

Owns: Gen 1 Hyundai Coupe
View: : Pics of My Car [?]
Move Poster Profile To The Other Side

Servicing & Modification Recomended By Many Members - Tiburon Automotive
Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Re: Witchcraft Overheating issues