Clutch Maybe?

Get your Hyundai Coupe engine, wheels,
brakes & suspension questions answered.
Sponsored by: Autodoc.Co.Uk

Clutch Maybe?

Postby Travis101x » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

Hi,

I'm not great when it comes to car mechanics, just the driving. I got a Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe in June. It's the 2.7l V6 model (2003). Wondering if someone can help with a query.

I didn't seem to have so much of a problem with this at first but half the time I set off from a stop the car seems to jerk (almost like I pulled the clutch up too fast) and then set off normally. At lower speeds in 2nd and 1st gear it starts to as well. I know this sounds like I'm just being a rubbish driver and being as most of my experience of driving has been in vans, I thought the same at first when this started. But as I said I didn't have this happen straight off when I got the car in June and its not constant now. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the clutch, if the bite point is moving then this would happen, I've been trying to track where I'm getting the bite and I could swear it changes.

If this is the bite point moving, what parts am I looking at replacing/getting checked and if anyone knows the rough cost that'd be great. If there are any tests or check I can do myself to validate or null this theory then brilliant.
Travis101x
Casual Member
Casual Member

Owns: Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe
View: : Pics of My Car [?]
Move Poster Profile To The Other Side

Servicing & Modification Recomended By Many Members - Tiburon Automotive
Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Return to Engine, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension