3 annoying Electrical problems.. Please Help!

From installing angel eyes to your indicators not working,
choosing a new head unit, or installing speakers.

Postby Furio » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey Guys,

I finnaly fixed my problems mechanicly but now its time to get the eltrical issues sorted!

I have this coupe version:

1. Door light does not work anymore driver side... I have bought a new light for it but still nothing, where to look?

2. I think the guy who i bought the car from installed a after market central door locking system. Its brand is TOAD security, or is this Hyundai's default system? It makes my lights blink when i lock or unlock and it also has an alarm. Anyway it does not lock both doors anymore and my doorlocks randomly flip sometimes, its really anoying. Could someone explain to me where to start fixing this issue? I have no idea where the central box is located or how the system work

3. My passenger window is jammed or at least it does not open anymore, i had this fixed at a garage but when i drove away it jammed again, i think this is because i have lamborghini doors on my car and the wires go up and down and my windows most likely does not like this, however it used to work fine for months! I tried taken the doorpanel off like they did at the garage so i can have a better look but i dont know where all the balts are located at and how to take it off. Is this mechanical or could it be the wires who are not working like it should anymore, i do hear the motor trying but its not working, the other side works fine.

I REALLY hope someone could give me some tips/hints help to figure all these things out, i want to make my Coupe as good as it gets and i hate flaws!

Thanks a lot!
Furio
Casual Member
Casual Member

Owns: Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe
View: : Pics of My Car [?]
Move Poster Profile To The Other Side

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Re: 3 annoying Electrical problems.. Please Help!

Postby kicksmithy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:02 pm

1. Probably door light switch on door reveal. May be damaged, or faulty or not even attached if you have lambo doors. Take it out and clean, failing that replace it.

2. Regardless of whos alarm system it is it will be the door actuators, common as hell if you do a search, cheap and easy enough fix available.

3. Dont know really! Window regulator maybe? Someone else will know more :)
kicksmithy
Club Addict
Club Addict

Owns: Non Hyundai Coupe

Postby Furio » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 pm

kicksmithy wrote:1. Probably door light switch on door reveal. May be damaged, or faulty or not even attached if you have lambo doors. Take it out and clean, failing that replace it.

2. Regardless of whos alarm system it is it will be the door actuators, common as hell if you do a search, cheap and easy enough fix available.

3. Dont know really! Window regulator maybe? Someone else will know more :)

Thank you for the answers! I will take my door panel off tommorow to take a look at the actuator and to see whatsup with my window, it must be stuck somewhere or maybe the motor gave his soul. For the door light switch i will just check whether all cables are connected or not, if so i will try and find a new one as there most likely cheap.

Does anyone have a good webshop, ebay seller or connection who sells EVERYTHING for my Hyundai Coupe 2002 as i want to replace all scratched, old looking things in my interieur but in The Netherlands the Hyundai dealers are bad and overpriced.

Thanks!
Furio
Casual Member
Casual Member

Postby Angelus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 pm

To be honest they vary in prices often so you will just have to search for each part and choose the cheapest.
Remember to also search for tuscani and tiburon as many sellers are usa and korea and they did not have the coupe brand until the genesis came out.
Angelus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Owns: Non Hyundai Coupe

Postby thedupleman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't think there is one single site selling everything
thedupleman
Club Addict
Club Addict

Postby Furio » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Ok great tips! When i finished my car i will post some pictures.
Furio
Casual Member
Casual Member

Advertisement
Please Support The Club

Remove Ads With VIP
Donate using Paypal

Return to Audio, Electrical & Lighting