I was referring to back pressure from the oil filler which could indicate busted piston rings?
True or false?
Anyway, took out the camshaft cover (was surprised to see that even though I changed the oil so many times like.... 7 times in 5000 miles, everything is still pitch black in there and even has some deposits here and there), intake manifold, exhaust manifold (just set it free from the engine because I can't break loose the two bolts that go into the flexipipe), took water pump pulley out, done everything like when I changed the water pump but amazingly, the camshaft pulley CRACKED (I'm lucky it didn't happen while driving). I want to change the timing belt anyway because when I done the water pump I just put the old one back to give it a test so I got a kit ordered. few things that are not to clear to me:
- what type of bolts hold the head to the block (I mean star, hexagon etc)? what do I need to take them out?
- can I take the head off with the camshafts as they are?
- can I reuse the gasket from the camshaft cover?
- how can I clean the camshaft cover (what to use)?
- can I reuse the one from the exhaust manifold? both look pretty good. the one from the intake manifold needs changing because it came out in pieces
- don't want to sound like a total idiot but what would be the easiest way to check if the head is warped?
-do I have to strip the whole head if it is warped to get it skimmed? (someone told me about a place that does it for £45)
- I already ordered new head bolts, what other new bits would I need to replace when refitting?
- I have one of those things with three legs that are used to take out pressed items (bearings, stuck pulleys etc). Would that do the trick for the valve seals?
- and last but not least where can I find a cam chain the other bits for guidance? 'cause every part supplier I called said they can not get them. Is that a main dealer only item?
oh and could a moderator change the title of the topic HGF help needed, please?